Cool Ways to Avoid Distractions While Studying At Home
Putting in ten hours by the clock on studying is not the real studying. The thing that matters is the hours of productivity and output when you have studied dedicatedly. In these supposed long hours of study, you are distracted many times like your cousin asking you about your trip plans after exams, your mom asking about the menu for the dinner or your sister seeking your help in her project. The distractions can be endless and such hours do not count in your real study hours. If you have a dream to excel in your target exams, you need to learn the tactics of avoiding distractions while studying at home.
Below discussed are some cool tips that can help you avoid distractions. Go through the following-
- Bury your phone- Yes, the first thing that you should do is to keep your phone at bay. A smartphone is the biggest distraction for the students, as they are always hooked to multiple social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and others. Even if you post, “Study Mode On” in your status, you tend to go back to that status every 30 minutes to check the like counts and to reply to the people who have commented on it. This simply means that you are never getting out of it until you hide your phone. Just put it on silent and keep it away from you maybe, under the pillow, corner of the room, in the drawer or somewhere else where it’s not easily accessible to you while you are studying.
- Satiate your hunger- Again, the biggest distraction is your hunger. When you’re not full at once, you tend to feel hungry and look around for food. Your visits to the refrigerator and kitchen every now and then increase, which eventually distract you. You know it better what can keep you full for hours, so better to prefer that snack or meal. But keep cookies handy on your study table for that instant hunger attack.
- Choose the best spot to study- As a student, you must have an idea about which spot in your home works for you. Many students prefer studying in the balcony or terrace for they feel the fresh air and their mind works faster. However, if you are distracted by other people or noises in the balcony then you better avoid it. Also, make sure that the corner you choose has a good amount of lighting because dark ambience can put stress on your eyes. Once you have landed with the right place to study, you will be able to concentrate better.
- Take breaks- Do not forget to take breaks. Even if you are on a target to complete one chapter in 8 hours, you should take breaks. A break of ten minutes after every hour or maybe two hours will keep your mind rejuvenated and your interest in studying intact. Long hours of study with no break can be mundane and steal your zeal to study. So, better take breaks, eat something, talk to family membersaround and then get back to your study table. Such breaks will also avoid possibilities of any distraction.
- Take proper sleep- When you don’t get proper sleep, you tend to feel sleepy while you are studying, which ultimately distracts you. So, it is advisable to take a proper sleep of at least 7 hours. If you’re not in a habit of sleeping for long hours at once then take a nap in the daytime. See, it’s highly important to have a sound sleep, in order to keep your body relaxed and your mind calm. Improper sleep can make you feel irritated and highly distracted.
If you’re smart enough, you now have ideas and ways to avoid distractions while studying at home. So, it’s time to stay focused and study hard to clear the upcoming exams with flying colours. All the very best!