How taking exercise breaks while studying can benefit your brain ?
Do you have concentration issues? Unable to study effectively after two hours of continuous learning? If yes, then one tried and tested solution to it is EXERCISING. Time and again, a dedicated routine of workout has proved to be the mantra of fit and fine health both mentally and physically. This blog will further discuss some of the prominent benefits of taking exercise breaks while studying and how they can positively affect your academic performance. Go through them discussed as under-
- Improved concentration- It has been scientifically proved that when you perform an exercise before or in study breaks, you tend to boost your concentration level. Whether it is brisk walking or aerobics, a 20-minute of it will encourage better blood circulation in your body, which will further promote effective cell growth for better learning. You can even try yoga to rejuvenate.
- Minimized stress level- No doubt, a good session of workout leaves a positive powerful effect on the entire nervous system. The exercises not only keep your blood pressure stable but also monitors the heart rate when situations of intense pressure arise like exams. You can relax your tightened muscles by exercising and must also do stretching to feel invigorated. To be precise, taking an exercise break will let you off your steam, thus making you feel better both emotionally and physically.
- Lesser eye strain- Since exercise breaks will help you go off from the digital screens, it will provide relaxation to your eyes. Note that gazing at your laptop or desktop’s screen for a longer time to learn the lectures can put your eyes under high strain, ultimately tiring you off the studies. So, it is advisable to take exercise or yoga breaks while studying. Learn more ways to reduce eye strain (Internal link of previously written blog on the related topic).
- Improved sleep quality- If you did not know then understand the importance of good sleep now. Lack of sleep can directly hit your academic performance and can even result in hypertension and obesity. So, to have a good and long sleep, you must exercise in the day or indulge in yoga. The research shows that a session of workout can minimize sleep disturbances.
- Enhanced motivational levels- When you exercise, you are pumped to study better, as exercising releases unwanted toxins that cause stress. With this, it will also keep you in good shape and will keep you motivated to accomplish all your academic tasks. If you cannot afford to take out one hour, then spend at least 20 minutes exercising.
So, what more are you thinking? Schedule your timetable in a way that a workout session smoothly fits in. remember, a routine of proper exercise will not only help you achieve your study goals but will also do wonders for your overall health in the longer run. Stay fit, study smart!